How to Burn Video to DVD
If you want to make a backup copy of your favorite videos or movies for permanent preservation, then burning video files to a playable DVD would be an excellent option. Below will instruct you on how to burn videos to DVD in details.
Watch Video Tutorial to Learn How to Burn Video to DVD
First of all, you need to download and install Wondershare DVD Creator on your computer. And then simply follow the steps to burn your DVD.
Step 1 Choose DVD Disc Tab
Launch Wondershare DVD Creator and choose disc type as the on-screen instruction requires. Here takes Create a DVD Video Disc for example.
Step 2 Import Videos to Wondershare DVD Creator
Click under the Source tab to add MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV or any other video files that you want to burn to DVD format. Note that you can also direct drag and drop your desired videos
Then the program will display the loaded video thumbnails in the left together with the video name and length.
Step 3 Edit Videos (Optional)
Move the mouse over the video thumbnail, there'll be a pencil-like icon just as the screenshot shows.
Click and you'll get the Video Edit window, where you can crop/enhance/trim video, add effect, watermark and subtitle as you wish. Visit Video Editor to learn how to edit video in detail.
Step 4 Customize DVD Template & Menu
Click the Menu tab in the top, you can see the clear Menu Structure in the left and over 100 free DVD Templates in the right. Double-click the template thumbnail would change the default one to your liking.
Apart from the DVD templates, there're another 6 tricks that help to customize your DVD.
- Click to change the chapter frame.
- Click to customize the background image.
- Click to add or edit background music. Note that Wondershare DVD Creator not only trims music but provides 3 sound effects to enhance the background music.
- Click to add text to the main menu for necessary notes. Select the textbox and you'll be able to set the font size, color, etc.
- Click to replace the chapter thumbnail with other images.
- Click to create chapters. You can either manually insert chapter or set auto insert chapter based on your needs.
Step 5 Preview DVD Slideshow
When finished, switch to Preview tab to view your DVD creation. You can always go back to Source or Menu tab to make adjustments if you're not that satisfied.
Step 6 Burn MP4/AVI/MKV/MOV to DVD
Once you're satisfied with the DVD preview, proceed to the Burn tab and preset DVD settings as requested. After that, hit Burn to start burning video file to DVD right away.
Aside from converting any video files to DVD, Wondershare DVD Creator also functions as Blu-ray DVD burner that easily transfers video to Blu-ray disc. All you need is to return to Step 1, choose Create a Blu-ray(BDMV) Disc and follow the instructions mentioned in Part 1.
- Select Create a DVD Video Disc if you want to burn videos to DVD disc.
- Choose Create a Blu-ray(BDMV) Disc if you want to transfer videos to Blu-ray disc.
- Hit Data Disc if you want to burn videos, audios, and images to data disc.
- Opt for One-click to Burn DVD if you want to burn DVD without menu or template settings.
- Click More DVD Tools if you want to access the built-in toolbox.